I live a long way away from the Norweld workshops. How do you build the alloy ute tray or aluminium ute canopy without my car?
- At Norweld we do not need your ute or dual cab at all for either the aluminium ute tray build or the alloy ute canopy build.
- The fitting of the ute tray or ute canopy will take approximately one day if your ute or dual cab is brought to one of our workshops in Brisbane or Cairns.
- Otherwise, if you are not able to bring you ute to us Norweld will ship the aluminium ute tray or aluminium ute canopy to your location.
How does the shipping of the aluminium ute canopies or alloy trays work?
- Norweld will send the aluminium ute tray or aluminium ute tray & canopy combination on custom made pallets.
- Any alloy ute tray with a drawer will have a stand to protect the drawer and tank from damage.
- Norweld is able to send the aluminium ute tray and/or ute canopy to a depot or business address.
- It is a Norweld requirement that the drop off location has access to a forklift to lift and move the custom made pallets.
I’m buying a new Toyota Landcruiser ute or Hilux ute. Can the car dealer fit the Norweld ute tray or ute canopy?
- If the vehicle is getting built and is not in the country we can use our redirection code to get the vehicle brought to the nearest Norweld workshop pre-delivery for installation of the aluminium ute tray or aluminium ute canopy.
- This will result in lower shipping costs and the in-house fitting of the ute trays and/or ute canopies will incur no extra charge.
How does the aluminium ute tray get mounted to cab chassis?
- Our mounts bolt to the ute and then the aluminium tray bolts to the mounts.
- This method eliminates any cracking.
- When you fully weld mounts they tend to flex and crack over time and for this reason we bolt them.
Are the aluminium ute’s tray size measurements overall dimensions?
- Yes, the ute’s tray size measurements refer to the distance from the front of the headboard to the back of the ute tray.
What sizes are the aluminium ute trays?
Our Landcruiser aluminium ute tray sizes are as follows:
- Single Cab Ute: 1850mm wide and 2400mm long
- Dual Cab Ute: 1850mm wide and 1800mm long
Ute tray sizes for BT50, Ranger, Dmax, New Hilux, Colorado and Navara are as follows:
- Space Cab Ute: 1915mm wide and 2100mm long
- Single Cab Ute: 1915mm wide and either 2400mm or 2500mm long
- Dual Cab Ute: 1915mm wide and 1800mm long
Can I change my aluminium ute tray or ute canopy between vehicles, or different make/model?
- The design of the Norweld aluminium ute trays and aluminium ute canopies allow for transfer between vehicles of similar lengths.
- For instance a BT50 ute tray and ute canopy package will fit a new Hilux.
- Please refer to the previous question to learn about similar model sizes.
- If you keep buying Dual Cab utes the ute trays and ute canopies will continue to fit your new vehicle.
Can I get the aluminium ute tray a custom length?
- Unfortunately no – we have designed our aluminium ute tray for the optimal size in similar sizes to the dual cab genuine trays.
- We are mindful of rear overhang once a ute canopy is fitted and also GVM of the vehicles once loaded.
- Longer ute trays usually mean that the rear is subject to more weight and this has an adverse effect on handling and tyre wear in some cases.
- Rear axle weight limits also need to be taken into account.
What is the height of the aluminium ute trays?
- Alloy ute trays for Landcruisers are 1015mm (from floorboard to the top of the headboard).
- A Landcruiser with a 2 inch lift and 33 inch tyres will have an approximate headboard height of 2110mm and with a tradie roof rack the overall height is 2300mm.
- All other makes are 885mm (front floorboard to the top of the headboard).
- A BT50 with a 2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tyres will have an approximate headboard height of 1960mm and with a tradie roof rack the overall height is 2140mm.
- * all heights are approximates based on our own vehicles.
What happens to the style side?
- If we are fitting the aluminium ute tray for you removal of the old ute tray is $165 inc gst.
- We remove the old ute tray as quick as possible and take no responsibility for any damages to the old ute tray.
- Disposal, and or transport, of the old ute tray is your responsibility should you wish to keep it.
I have a Landcruiser ute and am looking to install a Jmacx Coil Conversion. Will it fit with a Norweld aluminium ute tray?
- Yes – Norweld have aluminium ute trays on a number of vehicles with this product fitted with great success.
Can you fit a dual battery in your ute’s toolbox?
- Yes you can but the biggest dual battery you will fit is a 90 ah AGM only, possibly 100ah depending on the brand.
- A 120ah will definitely not fit.
Can I get a timber floor installed?
- No Norweld does not offer a timber floor.
- We offer a fully welded 4mm 5083DNV marine grade aluminium floor as our standard ute tray floor.
- We have found this plate the best in terms of strength and functionality.
- Timber is high maintenance and becomes weak over time.
Are tail lights included with the aluminium ute tray?
- Yes all our aluminium ute trays come standard with premium LED tail lights and number plate lights.
- On some of our more popular models we provide the plugs on the wiring for a true plug and play install.
Can I change the headboard design or profile?
- Our headboards are our own design which is CNC mandrel bent for the best fit and high quality bends as possible.
- We don’t change our standard sizes as our machinery and tooling are set up for our standard designs.
Can I get the alloy ute tray fully painted?
- We do not offer this option.
- We offer the sideboards, tool box lids and mud guards only as painted extras.
- We don’t offer full tray painting as an option.
- If you are running aggressive all terrain, or mud terrain, tyres we recommend not painting the mudguards and tool boxes.
Do you powder coat the aluminium ute trays?
- We do not offer powder coating as an option.
- We prefer paint and we use high quality 2 pac systems for the best finish.
What water tank options do you offer?
- We have a 43ltr aluminium water tank option for our ‘package two’ aluminium ute trays.
- We also have a 43ltr behind the wheel and 40ltr in front of the wheel water tank option.
- We do not offer stainless or plastic water tanks as an option.
- We have spent many years of development and rigorous testing under the harshest conditions to come up with these options.
Do you make an under tray fuel tank?
- We prefer to refer you to TJM, Ironman or ARB for a pre-made aftermarket replacement tank.
- These work more effectively with the vehicle’s fuel system and are more cost effective. We can design and build custom tanks on request for industrial and marine applications.
Where does the fuel filler go?
- We have brackets for all models designed which utilises the existing filler neck and cap.
- You can choose to fit a locking cap.
- We offer a fuel filler relocation kit for the Landcruiser dual cab and Landcruiser single cab as an option.
If I fit a drawer will I lose my spare tyre?
- No. the spare tyre mounting configuration stays the same on all dual cab utes except for the Landcruiser.
- We move the spare tyre mount onto the headboard for the Landcruiser.